MOOD is looking for an experienced concept artist to join our Copenhagen team
MOOD seeks a talented, experienced and versatile concept artist who thrives in understanding and meeting clients’ needs and who strives to deliver the highest quality work every time.
The candidate we’re looking for is able to take a brief, analyze the task and provide a structured overview of the work process. Furthermore, candidates should be able to work with a quick turnaround on idea generation and have a sharp eye for details when polishing final pieces.
At MOOD, we put pride into being a versatile studio and delivering equally high-quality work across different styles. We are, therefore, looking for an artist who works comfortably within a diverse range of styles throughout the working process, from first sketches through color roughs to rendering and final polish.
You will be a part of a team of professional, passionate and dedicated concept artists that live and breathe by producing outstanding art for our clients within the movie, gaming and toy industries.
Enthusiasm and good communication skills are important, and we’re looking for a team player who is equally comfortable with both responsibility and teamwork. As a team player, you know how to focus on the goal and actively participate in getting there.
MOOD will provide a great work area, a good work/life balance and the opportunity to learn and develop new skills in a professional and social atmosphere.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in environment design in various styles
- Experience in character design in a broad range of creatures and styles
- Experience in mechanical design and knowledge of industrial design principals and their application to fictional vehicles, machines, weapons, etc.
- Experience in creating concept art (characters and environments) and ability to hit different quality benchmarks within a given timeframe
- Experience in telling a story through an image
- Experience in creating illustrations for key visuals, posters, packaging and other marketing art
- Strong architectural knowledge and understanding
- Strong understanding of composition, lighting and perspective
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, constructive in feedback and clear in communication with clients and team
- Master of Photoshop and interest in learning new tools
- Interest in working as an all-round concept artist with equal weight creating characters, environments and complex key visuals
- Expert in both photo-bashing and traditional illustration
- Strong design and compositional skills
- Good knowledge of art and design history
- Experience with 3D software (Z-Brush, MODO, Maya, etc.)
- Ability to produce and use 3D modeling as part of your design pipeline and use Z-Brush to create models as the bases for creature and character design
- At least 2-3 years’ experience producing professional concept art, preferably within the game or movie industries
- Experience with outsourcing workflows and dealing directly with clients, including art directors and producers
- A strong portfolio with a broad variety of styles and techniques
Just as important as your professional skills, you must also be a nice person to work with, have an urge to invent, create and learn and be able to handle feedback/criticism professionally. In addition to having an excellent foundation of artistic ability, the role requires work as part of a team, so enthusiasm and good communication skills are needed. We are looking for a team player who wants to be part of our skilled, experienced and enthusiastic studio.
Please send us your application and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a link to your updated ArtStation profile and point out three concept art pieces that best show your recent ability.
MOOD is a digital art and design studio with clients from across the world in the gaming and entertainment sectors. We work closely with our clients to realize and visualize their dreams by creating outstanding concept art and marketing art for their products. Our clients include Sony, Ubisoft, Square Enix, 20th Century Fox and LEGO, and we have helped bring to life the worlds of Hitman, God of War, Ninjago and many others.